Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Interview with a New York makeup artist Lauren Napier Weddings



I met Lauren awhile back and was happy to be able to get a quick interview with amazing NYC Makeup artist.
Enjoy!


1. What services do you provide?

My services are strictly makeup services! I feel like you should always 
do you your job at 100% not 50% makeup and 50% hair! I am 100% a makeup artist!

2. What makes Lauren Napier Weddings unique?

My servce are unique because I practice restraint! I love makeup - but I do not think that a bride should be slatherd in products. 
I feel that a bride should look like the most elegant version of herself. I am able to help brides achieve this look by using nourishing
skincare products as a base, fresh and clean foundation products and cheery toned colors that boost the skin's natural highlights 
and radiance. 

3. Could you please explain your process?

I recommend a bridal consultation prior to any bride booking her wedding day makeup. 

The Lauren Napier Weddings consultation includes a complete makeup trial in a full service salon this also includes  a complete custom lash application.
I take a digital before and after image for the bride's review, as well as create a product list for my records that will be used as a guide on the day of her wedding. 

On the wedding day I arrive prepared and my brides are confident in my skills. Most brides compliment the process and feel a great sense of ease amongst all 
of their other wedding day jitters. 


4. What can you advice brides and couples to be aware of or avoid when hiring their make up artist.

I can give 2 pieces of advice:

1.  "You always get what you pay for!" Invest in your makeup artist. For most women, their wedding day is the most photograped day of their lives. Why would she want to look her best?
 and 
2. Never wax your brows the morning of your wedding!
 
5. Can you work with all skin types? Including Sensitive skin?

I can work with all skin types. I love the challenge of ethnic skin - it keeps me on my toes! A sensetive skin's needs are more complex. In this case I recommend 
that she see a dermatoligist at least 6 months prior to her wedding. A medical expert can provide her with the medications or skin care system that will 
reduce sensetivities. 

6. What are the latest trends in make up?

The latest trend in makeup are bold and bright. As spring and summer approach more bold neons and bronze will appear. I adore a bold lip! 


To view more of Lauren's amazing work visit Lauren Napier Weddings.

Thanks Lauren!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...