Monday, October 18, 2010

Lela New York is back! And may have a case of Wedding Withdrawl

Hi Everyone! I missed you! It's been too long. I was away for my wedding (Can you believe it's been a month, since I said, I do!) and then my honeymoon and now I'm back in NYC trying to get back into the groove of things. Thanks to all of your warm wedding wishes and love, really appreciate it!

I will definitely be reporting my details of the wedding as soon as I get some more picts ;) I will also be sharing some of my fave vendors with you as well as what Lela Loves in future posts. Even thought the wedding is now over (sob) Lela will always be in love with weddings and the details that makes them so amazing!

On another note, I wanted to share my thoughts on the so called "Wedding withdrawl situation". Although many of my planner friends have warned me about this, I was still in a whirl wind after my wedding trying to get settled in our new home that I really didn't think it was a real thing or that it could really happen to me. "People" say that a bride is so busy and in such a frenzy with always having something to do, that once the wedding is over she doesn't know what to do with herself and gets a small case of the blues. I have to admit, that really didn't happen to me but, I may have gotten a touch of it.

I was getting ready to bring my dress into the dry cleaners to get it cleaned when it hit me. I looked at my pretty dress, and it looked so sad, just hanging there in my closet door, that I thought, wow, it all went so fast and now it's over. It was a bit sad, but at the same time, I remembered how great it was and all the little details I planned, and of course the invitations and stationery I designed to make the introduction to the wedding so memorable. But was it all still worth it? All the fuss, all the planning, all the stress? Hoping everyone noticed all the little details I designed throughout the wedding. And you know what? Yes, it was! Admittedly, I would have loved it if all my guests would have noticed the beautiful color combos I created or the matching menus and napkins but, I also did it for me and my new hubby so that we can have a beautiful wedding to look back on and smile about. We know all the time and care and love that went into our wedding and that also is important. And at the end of the day (and the wedding) the memories you have created for yourself will last, even if the day doesn't.

So, really GO for it ladies, PLAN AWAY!

xo

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...