Today we have three amazing hair trends and how-to's to share with you courtesy of Gregory Patterson, stylist at blow, the New York Blow Dry Bar. These gorgeous looks are absolutely beautiful and so easy to do, take a look!
The great news...one lucky reader will win the Blowpro Bridal Survival Kit to try these looks out yourself!! How you ask?! Scroll Below!
Look 1 -Modern Update to a Classic Chignon
1. Apply blowpro Faux Dry dry shampoo at the crown and throughout the top section of the hair. Massage to absorb any oil and residue.
2. Take the entire top area, section by section and begin teasing your roots creating a 1" cushion. Continue teasing until you have reached the crown.
3. Using a boar bristle brush, smooth over teased section, while brushing backwards, being sure to include remaining hair into a low ponytail at the nape of your neck. Secure with a bungee. Spray blowpro Blow Out Serious Non Stick Hairspray to add a lightweight shiny hold helping to eliminate flyaways.
4. Use a ribbon, or in this case a necklace, attach the clasp end onto the bungee cord, and create a simple braid. Secure the braided end with elastic band.
5. Take and wind the braid to form your desired shape. Let your imagination guide you into your chignon, keeping in mind balance and proportion. Secure your chignon with bobby pins. And voila, you have just created a classic yet modern by using a beautiful accessory and on-trend braided element.
Look 2- Fairytale Volume
1. Spray blowpro Blow Out Serious Non Stick Hairspray all over dry hair, to prep hair for your curling iron work, and add a soft and shiny flexible hold.
2. Curl entire head of hair with a 1.5" curling iron in random sections – nothing has to be perfect and exact, the goal here is to add movement and wave to the hair.
3. Rake out your curls using your fingers. Once raked out, apply blowpro Beach Blow Texturizing Mist onto curls and scrunch into hair to help "texturize" the curls and provide a great foundation for step 4.
4. Using a teasing brush, backcomb your roots creating a 2-3" cushion throughout your entire head. Yes, your hair is going to be huge! Slip your headband over your head, wearing it like a necklace.
5. Using a boar bristle brush, lightly smooth over the surface of the front and top of your hair directing all the hair up into a sky high fat ponytail. Twist the ponytail into a very loose french twist and secure withhairpins. Slide the headband over your hair line and position it to your desired spot. Sometimes using multiple headbands creates a very beautiful Grecian inspired rippling, wavy affect, so get creative here. Secure the look with a firm hold hairspray like blowpro After Blow Strong Hold Finishing Spray.
1. Apply blowpro Faux Dry dry shampoo to roots absorbing any oil and residue on the scalp. Use the arch of the eyebrow as a guide create a deep side parting – the deeper the part, the more dramatic the look.
2. Starting on one side of your head and working around towards the opposite, section by section, curl hair using a clip-less curl wand making sure to wrap the hair around the wand in the exact same direction all the way around the head. It’s important to curl hair in all the same direction to produce the wave.
3. Spray completed curls with blowpro Blow Out Serious Non Stick Hairspray.
4. Using a boar bristle brush, or for a more loose feeling to the hair, use a wide toothed comb, brush or comb out your waves. Brushing is the most important step here as you will see that it helps the waves fall into a pattern together.
5. Guide the side you parted the hair back behind the ear using a soft defining pomade like blowpro Mane Tame Soft Pomade. Secure with two bobby pins that match your hair color right behind your ear, or incorporate a beautiful hair accessory to take the glam factor to the next level. Finish with blowpro Time to Shine 3-D Illuminating Mist, a shine enhancing spray that will give you that red carpet polish and sparkle.
How do you enter you ask???
It's EASY :)
1. Comment on this blog post below and make sure to leave your email address so we can contact you if you win :)
2. Like Lela New York on Facebook.
Want more chances to win?!
- Tweet this giveaway
- Follow Lela New York on Twitter
- Follow Lela New York on Pinterest
DEADLINE to enter is May 16th.
One random winner will be announced on May 17th.
Valid only in the United States.
The winner will be contacted directly by Lela New York.