Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Beauty without Bunnies

Hello Lovlies!
Image from My Beauty Bunny
I know this time of your life it really is (and should be) all about YOU, the bride. But today I wanted to bring something to your attention that after you can do what you wish with. And by the way I am not the type of person who tries to push her ideals on someone and I am by no means a perfect person, a vegetarian or a vegan but I do believe that in my vanity of trying to be beautiful I do not want to hurt poor bunnies or little animals in order to do so. With that being said, I recently found out (Bit slow on the news here) that some cosmetic companies in order to sell more products including in China have now started testing on animals, a totally unnecessary cruelty. I was really disappointed on some of these companies that have always marketed themselves as being cruelty free/bunny approved (including MAC cosmetics) and now have changed in order to make more profits. I don't want to preach but I know that I wanted to know about this and felt that some of you may want to know too.

It is so easy to get beauty products that are cruelty free that I personally do not want to support the ones that do. Here are some of my favorites:
Hourglass, Urban Decay, Tarte, Stilla, Too Faced, Trish McEvoy, Boscia, Anastasia Beverly Hills, Kat Von D, Cover FX, Carol's Daughter, DuWop, E.LF., NYX, gloProfessional, Hard Candy, Wet n Wild, Physicians Formula, Prestige Cosmetics and there are many more but you can check the list below.

Below is a link of PETA's site where you can look up companies that choose to test on animals and those that are cruelty free. This is the best list since these changes are new and some sites still have old facts on their sites.
http://www.peta.org/living/beauty-and-personal-care/companies/search.aspx?Product=5&Range=0&PageIndex=1

I also found out about this awesome beauty blog called My Beauty Bunny! This is an awesome beauty blog filled with goodies and ideas to make you oh so lovely! Plus they have there own lists of specific items such as mascaras for cruelty free shopping:
http://www.mybeautybunny.com/

Here you can search for particular products like hair care, lip care, etc.:
http://www.leapingbunny.org/shopping.php

Ok so that is it. Do what you wish with this info but I do hope you think about the bunnies :(

xo



1 comment:

Unknown said...

There are many wedding venues but still it may take time to research and decide what will work for you.
new york wedding location

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...